Skip to main content

Unity Tutorial 04

 Hello and welcome back to another unity tutorial! 

It is finally reading week!! I am still working a lot so it wasn't necessarily a break but it felt nice for my eyes and brain to get somewhat of a break for a while! 

I have completed two more sections of the unity tutorials! I found the tutorials easy to follow but sometimes hard. The tutorials are very helpful to me in the aspect of my game. I found that the tutorial for Automatic spawn wouldn't be very useful to my game but it gave me good knowledge and was also very fun to learn! It was also very useful to learn how to collide animals with objects or people. I fell like this part of the tutorial could help me in my game and be vital to know. I would use this part of the tutorial when I want to create the obstacle course of my game when the dogs collide with an object in the obstacle course. 

The challenge 'tutorial' was quite difficult. Even using the hint was hard. The hits did help me to an extent but I had to use a YouTube tutorial to help me out. It was much better and practice sure does make perfect! I will eventually get into the swing of things and not have to use a video or hints!! (hopefully) 

We were on a break quote for reading week




Thanks for reading!!

Student online, going offline. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game idea research

 Hello everyone!  I have finally decided on a game idea that I want to recreate! It wasn't particularly difficult for me to chose but I knew it would have to be a choice between two games! I wanted to choose between either flappy bird or Nintendogs! I chose... Nintendogs!!! I named my game "Puppy Paws". I chose Nintendogs because I was always interested in the game itself and I thought that it could be a potential challenge to recreate the game. I know, why do I want a challenge when I am already drowning in work that I have barely any time to do? I don't have the answer to that question just yet but let's hope the challenge is worth it! Nintendogs has a lot of elements to it that is impossible for me to create this semester. I plan to take out a lot of difficulty to the game and only focus on the basics but with a twist!   To start, the dog owner (the player)will own a puppy. They must name it and train it! Basic training will have already been complete (learning

Introduction to an everything kind of person!

Hello!  In this blog post, I will be sharing a bit about myself, my hobbies and what I got up to during lockdown! To begin let's talk about boring things...  I am 19 years old, nearly 20. I am currently in year 2 of TU Dublin and study Creative Digital Media. I am a super busy person and anytime I get any free time I can never sit still! I have 3 lovely sisters, we are all 2 years apart so that's FUN!! I live in Kildare (in the middle of nowhere) and thankfully don't have to travel by bus anymore to get into college because we are online!! Well, that is sad but it saves me a lot of time and money.  How has my life changed since last year? Well, I have changed a LOT since last year. I have taken up new hobbies, I have made a lot of plans for the coming year, I learned how to drive, I matured and grew as a person but best of all I managed to lose 2 stone!! My new hobbies include cooking, walking and just overall fitness.  As you can probably tell, I am an everything person. I

My Favourite Game!

Hello and welcome back to my blog! Today's blog is all about my favourite game. I am not a gamer nor do I play a lot of games. I have a play station 4 but that's about it. I rarely use my play station but when I do I play  GTA 5, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Crash Bandicoot Nitro Fuel! I don't have any favourite games on my play station at the moment but I do have a favourite game I play on my phone.  'AMONG US!' .  Among us was created in 2019 but  people have only started to play it recently so it is blowing up on the app store/ google play. The app has a 4.1-star rating so far on the app store with a number 1 chart simulation. The app developer is known as  InnerSloth LLC.  Among us is a game where 10 astronauts are stuck in a space station and there can be 1-3 imposters in the one game. The aim of the game is survival. to win the game the team of possible survivors have to restore the space station by completing all tasks. The imposter aims are to kill other astron