Skip to main content

My thoughts on time management

 Hello!! 

I'm going to be talking about my thoughts on time management for this semester in this blog! I want to begin by saying that I feel that it is extremely important for me to have a schedule and manage my time correctly for this module, well all modules. This semester I am going be prioritising my time doing full-time college online and physically working 33 hours in a family run business a week. I don't have a choice to prioritise one over the other at the moment with the pandemic going on. I'm sure you all understand why it is important to me this year to have a schedule...

I have planned my schedule for this module already and I intend on putting time aside on a Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They are the only days I am free so I have to technically fit all my modules workload into them days... I will manage it. I think that I will take full advantage of the extra credit assignments in this module as I feel it will take the stress off me trying to get everything done in such little time. If I have extra time off at any stage of this semester I will also try work ahead and that will also take lots of stress off me.


I read two articles on time management strategies; 

How to Beat Procrastination by Caroline Webb. I think this article was very useful as I feel I've started to learn a little bit on how to not procrastinate. As you can probably tell I have been procrastinating all day about doing this assignment because it just seemed like a lot but it wasn't. After reading Caroline's article It makes me understand that there is an end goal for everything and to know that you will feel much better when you think about the result of something you are doing.


The Myth of Too Busy by Tim Grahl. I initially wasn't going to read this article in case it offended me. But I decided to click it anyway... at first I was offended because I previously wrote in this blog post that I was "too busy" and I quickly changed it when I realised I am not busy, I am prioritising my time. I enjoyed reading this article as I feel like I am going to start prioritising my time better now in regards to juggling college and work. 


Work smarter- not harder image of turtle on a skateboard



Student online, going offline <3



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game idea research

 Hello everyone!  I have finally decided on a game idea that I want to recreate! It wasn't particularly difficult for me to chose but I knew it would have to be a choice between two games! I wanted to choose between either flappy bird or Nintendogs! I chose... Nintendogs!!! I named my game "Puppy Paws". I chose Nintendogs because I was always interested in the game itself and I thought that it could be a potential challenge to recreate the game. I know, why do I want a challenge when I am already drowning in work that I have barely any time to do? I don't have the answer to that question just yet but let's hope the challenge is worth it! Nintendogs has a lot of elements to it that is impossible for me to create this semester. I plan to take out a lot of difficulty to the game and only focus on the basics but with a twist!   To start, the dog owner (the player)will own a puppy. They must name it and train it! Basic training will have already been complete (learning

Introduction to an everything kind of person!

Hello!  In this blog post, I will be sharing a bit about myself, my hobbies and what I got up to during lockdown! To begin let's talk about boring things...  I am 19 years old, nearly 20. I am currently in year 2 of TU Dublin and study Creative Digital Media. I am a super busy person and anytime I get any free time I can never sit still! I have 3 lovely sisters, we are all 2 years apart so that's FUN!! I live in Kildare (in the middle of nowhere) and thankfully don't have to travel by bus anymore to get into college because we are online!! Well, that is sad but it saves me a lot of time and money.  How has my life changed since last year? Well, I have changed a LOT since last year. I have taken up new hobbies, I have made a lot of plans for the coming year, I learned how to drive, I matured and grew as a person but best of all I managed to lose 2 stone!! My new hobbies include cooking, walking and just overall fitness.  As you can probably tell, I am an everything person. I

My Favourite Game!

Hello and welcome back to my blog! Today's blog is all about my favourite game. I am not a gamer nor do I play a lot of games. I have a play station 4 but that's about it. I rarely use my play station but when I do I play  GTA 5, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Crash Bandicoot Nitro Fuel! I don't have any favourite games on my play station at the moment but I do have a favourite game I play on my phone.  'AMONG US!' .  Among us was created in 2019 but  people have only started to play it recently so it is blowing up on the app store/ google play. The app has a 4.1-star rating so far on the app store with a number 1 chart simulation. The app developer is known as  InnerSloth LLC.  Among us is a game where 10 astronauts are stuck in a space station and there can be 1-3 imposters in the one game. The aim of the game is survival. to win the game the team of possible survivors have to restore the space station by completing all tasks. The imposter aims are to kill other astron